[RoarAudio] New VS API File Interface

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Fri Nov 5 01:08:51 CET 2010

reflum,

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 15:01 +0100, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> However this *currently* requires seeking support.
> To disable the need for streaming you can provide all the needed infos
> on your own. Normaly by doing roar_vs_new() and roar_vs_stream(), but
> you can just use roar_vs_new_playback() as you are used to.
> Example:
>   vss = roar_vs_new_playback(NULL, NULL, ROAR_RATE_DEFAULT,
> ROAR_CHANNELS_DEFAULT, ROAR_CODEC_OGG_VORBIS, ROAR_BITS_DEFAULT,
> NULL);
>   roar_vs_file_simple(vss, url_to_stream, NULL);
>   roar_vs_run(vss, NULL);
>   roar_vs_close(vss, ROAR_VS_FALSE, NULL);
>
> This is an example for a Ogg Vorbis using radio stream, just set:
> url_to_stream = "http://..."
>
> Note that the auto detection of stream parameters is subject to
> improve.
> This will soon work for HTTP streams without this little trick.

I'm very sorry but I need to correct myself...
Got this litte problem fixed ;)

for HTTP and HTTP based protocols (ICY, Tantalos,...) codec auto
detection works now fine of server is non-broken.

Example:
  #define PROGNAME "MyApp"
  #define URL      "http://..."

  vss = roar_vs_new_from_file(NULL, PROGNAME, URL, NULL);

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)