[RoarAudio] New support for LTM (Long Term Monitoring)

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Tue Aug 31 04:04:11 CEST 2010

reflum,

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 03:01 +0200, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> flum,
>
> with version 0.4beta0 (currently trunk) we will start to ship a feature
> called LTM (for 'Long Term Monitoring').
>
> Basicly this is to ask the server to monitor some streams for you so you
> can ask for those information later without needed to read all the data
> yourself.
>
> [...]
>
> How does it work?
>
> First you register that you want to use LTM on some streams.
> After you registered the streams to LTM you can read LTM values from
> your streams at any time.
> If you are done you must unregister the streams again. if you do not do
> this step the server will still consume CPU and RAM for LTM of those
> streams.
>
> I attach a example code which displays the RMS in dB of up to 8 streams.
> This example does not do all error handling and stuff. so just take it
> as example to get the basic idea.
>
> $ cc -Wall -Wextra -g -O2 -o ltm-vumeter ltm-vumeter.c -lroar -lm
> $ ./ltm-vumeter 0
> $ ./ltm-vumeter STREAM_IDS

because the API seemd to not be as clear as I hoped it I added some more
comments in libroar's header.
You can have a look at it online at:
http://roaraudio.keep-cool.org/srcs/current/include/libroar/ltm.h

For the consts you maybe feel missing in the header have a look at the
protocol header:
http://roaraudio.keep-cool.org/srcs/current/include/roaraudio/ltm.h

hope this helps.

--