[RoarAudio] Dynamically attach soundcards

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Tue Apr 6 04:52:02 CEST 2010

flum,

I added support for OSS in roarinterconnect this evening. This is mostly
for testing but works quite good as it seems.

This enables you to dynamically attach OSS devices while the roard is
running.

Example:
 $ roarinterconnect --type oss:transmit --remote /dev/dsp1

This attachs /dev/dsp1 in tarnsmit mode. This meens that all the data
from the roard is mirrored to the device but no data is taken back from
it (this is the recommended way, because normaly soundcards will have
some noise in recording mode which else would be added to the signal).

I also wrote some rules files for udevd woring on my etch. maybe it
works also on other systems or at least give a hint on what to do.

The files are attached to this mail.
to install you need to save them in /etc/udev/. You also need to set the
following link:
 $ ln -s /etc/udev/roaringbox-sndcard.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/z99_roaringbox-sndcard.rules

After installing them the udevd will automatically try to 'attach' the
new soundcard to roard if possible.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)